Going to the library is one of our favorite things to do. Libraries are free and they cater to any age. We are privileged to have many local libraries that offer numerous services for free. Most libraries have summer reading programs, book clubs and story-times for children, as well as activities for adults. My kids love to hear a very animated librarian read them a story. Their love of books is contagious! Libraries aren’t just for books, they also have magazines, movies, audiobooks and many other types of media available for check out. Most libraries also have several e-books available to “check out” on your e-reader (Kindle, Nook, iPad, etc.). Here is a list of some of the libraries close by:
- Fayette County Library, 216 W. Market Street, Somerville
- Jack McConnico Memorial Library, 225 Oakgrove Road, Selmer
- Bolivar-Hardeman County Library, 213 N. Washington Street, Bolivar
- Lucius and Elsie Burch Library, 501 Poplar View Parkway, Collierville
- Benjamin L Hooks Central Library, 3030 Poplar Avenue, Memphis
*If you have never been to the Benjamin Hooks Central Library, you are missing a treat! Their children’s section is a child’s dream!